I was nominated twice for The Liebster Award. Charles Yallowitz and Miss Molly nominated me. Thank you both.
This award is designed for bloggers with less than 200 followers.
The rules are:
* Share eleven facts about yourself with your fellow bloggers.
* Make sure to answer the awarder’s eleven questions.
* Ask eleven questions of your own.
* Nominate eleven bloggers for this award.
1. I am a huge zombie fan.
2. I enjoy reading nonfiction books by individuals who do what they love and get paid to do it. I am currently reading Kevin Smith’s Tough Shit. (I hope to work with him some day.)
3. I still dress up for Halloween. I was a werewolf last year.
4. I am still going to college. It takes a lot longer when you can only take classes at night.
5. Anne Rice was a huge inspiration to me as a writer. She also helped convince me to stick through the college route. No one can every take away your education.
6. A poem of mine was published in The Stonepile Writers Anthology: Volume 1.
7. I’m allergic to cats.
8. Though I am a huge fan of horror writing, I can’t help to add a little humor in the mix.
9. Mark Twain is one of my idols.
10. I am paranoid about eating anything past it’s “best by” or “sell by” date, even if it is only the day after the date printed.
11. I married a drummer. He is amazing!
Here are the 11 questions from Charles.
- What is your favorite pizza topping?
Tomato Sauce. Doesn’t taste right without the sauce.
- Do you have a nickname? If so, what and why?
I had a nickname, but I don’t want to repeat it. Thanks Heath! :P
- Who is your hero?
My parents because they taught me that family is the most important thing in the world. Everything else is merely icing on the cake.
- What was the last song you listened to?
Jeannie . Riley’s “Harper Valley PTA”
- What is your biggest fear?
It used to be zombies. Now I think my biggest fear is failure.
- If you had a choice between riding an elephant or a camel, which would you choose? Why?
Elephant! They are my favorite!
- Is there an animal that you identify with? Why?
Probably the wolf. The wolf’s needs and wants are simple, and she goes after them with dedication and perseverance. I feel like I do the same.
- What is your favorite season? Why?
I like Fall, while it is still pretty warm. I love summer too, but not when it is Africa hot.
- Do you wish I was better at asking questions?
I think you are doing just fine.
- In a fight between King Kong, Dracula, and Kenny from South Park, who would win?
Kenny would be dead before the fight ever started. Dracula could try to drain King Kong, but King Kong would simply bat at him as though Dracula were a mosquito. I would have to give this one to King Kong.
- Do you believe that everyone has the ability to be an artist?
Here are 11 questions from Miss Molly.
1. Best day of your life so far. I got this from “City Slickers,” that scene when the guys are riding along with the herd and talking. And like their rules, the best day can’t be the day any of your kids were born.
When I married my husband.
2. If you could be somebody else for a day, who would it be and why?
Anne Rice just to see what else she is working on.
3. What are your three favorite foods?
Pickled eggs, chocolate, and okra. Not always together, but not always separate either.
4. When did you consider yourself grown-up (if you do)? If you don’t consider yourself grown-up, what will be the marker?
I will never grown up!
5. What tokens, charms, special objects do you keep around to inspire your writing or other work you do if you’re not a writer?
I don’t have any tokens or charms to inspire me. Looking out the window helps.
6. If you could make up your own astrology signs, what would the name of your sign be and what would be the symbol? Explain.
Good question. I have no idea.
7. Who was your favorite high school teacher and why.
How can I pick just one? All of my English teachers were wonderful and really encouraged me.
8. What was the last live music performance you attended? How did you like it?
Rammstein. It. Was. EPIC!
9. As a kid, what was your favorite book? Do you still have a copy?
Maniac Magee. My brother has our copy.
10. Someone once said it’s not what we give that defines love but what we give up. Have you ever given up anything for love? What and why?
What haven’t I given up for love? He’s worth it. :)
11. What’s your favorite mode of travel?
Boat. I love the water!
Here are my questions.
1. If you could use only one word to describe yourself, what would that word be?
2. If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
3. What is your passion?
4. Who was the most influential person in your life?
5. What is your favorite movie?
6. Who is your favorite horror movie villain?
7. Car, boat, airplane, or train?
8. Oxford comma, yes or no?
9. Self-publishing or traditional publishing?
10. Kindle or Nook?
11. Glass half-full or half-empty?
C. L. Parson